Thank you for your interest in joining Body Positive Fitness Alliance’s volunteer Board of Directors!
The Board works together to guide the direction of our 501(c)3 nonprofit, build our community, collaborate on education materials, and work together to uphold BPFA’s 8 Pillars.
We are planning to add 2-4 new Board Members for the 2024 calendar year. To best support the organization, we are looking for Board Members to lead in the following areas:
– Social Media and Marketing
– Grants and Fundraising
– Organizational Development
The following roles already have leads. However, we always work as a team to make sure we’re creating the best content and experiences possible. So if you’re not completely into one of the specific roles above, know that we still want to hear from you because we’re also working on these projects:
– Asynchronous Learning
– Interactive Learning (eg. monthly Live Learning Seminars)
– Annual Summit Planning
– Website and Blogs
All BPFA Board Members commit to the following:
– Following BPFA’s 8 Pillars in their own practices
– Participating (in person or virtually) in BPFA’s Annual Summit, held in the spring in Toronto, Canada
– Working with other Board Members to set and complete quarterly goals related to their primary role
– Attending a minimum of one virtual Board meeting or event per month, and one quarterly meeting to set and discuss individual and organizational goals. There are opportunities to connect almost every week for a BPFA event including open Community Office Hours, co-working hours, Live Learning seminars, and “official” Board Meetings.
Logistics, Details, Compensation:
This application will be open until October 31st. After reviewing applications we’ll reach out directly to schedule a video interview with the current Board. The goal is to complete all potential Board Member interviews by the end of November, and finalize the 2024 Board by the end of December.
Each Board term runs for a full calendar year. This application is for January-December 2024 with an option to continue Board service at the end of the term.
This is a volunteer position. Because we are a US-based nonprofit, you can claim your contributions on annual taxes in the United States, and there are opportunities for paid collaboration such as building continuing education courses and leading Live Learning seminars.
If you have any questions at all throughout the process, please feel free to reach out to Laura and Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for the work you’re already doing to make the fitness world more inclusive and accessible. And thank you for your willingness to share your gifts, resources, and experience with BPFA.